Monday, December 10, 2012

It's been stuffed dogland around here for months!

They grabbed my innerds and wouldn't let go, those little stinkers.

It was therapy, that's what, physical, mental, anti-stress therapy with a bonus of delight in the tummy just making these fleece Scotty Dogs.

Hi you guys, you make me smile.
Smile and want to play!


Last summer when I realized there was a cabinet in my basement with a stock pile of fleece fabric, plus a pattern  and I had just about enough energy to hand sew;  the dog factory in the house began to take shape.

All these plus a whole lot more fabrics turned into this;. 
a dog menagerie on my bed.
 Oh my..
 They took over.
 And now that all nine grandchildren have one (or two) it was time to find homes for the rest of these tummy ticklers.

And that means you mister, 

 And you too,, after you get noses..

The dogs were made from a simple McCall's pattern, the fleece fabric was a good option for my dogs rather than cotton blend since, well, I had stacks of fleece.
The up side of fleece is that it stretches, it's easy to fit, the dogs can be washed and they are so soft and cuddly.

 Sorry about those nasty pins in your eyes..
 And nose.



What do you think fella? You would like to snuggle with a child, wouldn't you? 
My favorite dogs turned out to be those made from mixed fabrics like this one with floral plus four solids. 
He's so happy.



 I've become attached to these guys.

But my closet,, my closet is over-run! 

Just like people, even though they all have the same facial features the slightest change in size of eyes, or placement changes their faces to make each unique.

Today I found a place for these honeys, they are going to a homeless shelter.
I can just picture children carrying these guys around under their arms. And snuggling with them. 


You guys be good now, no funny business! 

Sideline Grandma.



No comments:

Post a Comment