Monday, July 30, 2012

Why blog? Sideline's first year.

So
Why blog? 
Here's one reason; to help us remember the bestest of days. Right girls? 
We MUST go back this fall don't you think?  

Blog!
To record such moments as this; when Grandpa and Grandma are just not comfort enough in the morning and he just wants big brother's hug. From cries to smiles. 
So I was sitting on the sunporch at the cottage in July of 2011, our house had been invaded by robbers, we had lost jewelry, keepsakes and some sense of safety. A hunting camera had been installed next to the driveway, an alarm system inside.
The cottage sunroom's yellow chaise lounge chair was my retreat location for the weekday mornings. As usual.
Looks pretty doggoned good doesn't it?


Life was running slow the week Sideline was born.  
Why in the world did I start a blog?
#1. Just to see if I could figure it out. Because blogger.com is there and I wanted to give it shot.
Two hours later I was committed.
One week later we returned to the house and life became normally frenzied again but, as I said, I was committed so on we went. 

I've enjoyed the process of blogging, my rule of thumb is "use few words, use photos" to catch the moments. Also the children enjoy seeing their lives portrayed on Sideline Grandma.
It's fun to be silly and nutty and not serious,
most of the time.

Sideline Grandma can do whatever she pleases, you know. Even when I'm not sitting on the sidelines there are plenty of things to toss into the blog mix. Like Popcorn Salad.
For better or worse..

One of the mommies in our family made this comment; "Sideline is a journal of our family", it records the events for us even if no one else looks.
But you have looked and you read the posts, it's rather shocking to me that you do! Who are you and why are you here?
Thank you for checking in this past year. From the various links and family forums who are stopping in to check out Aunts and Uncle luncheons and swimsuits for grandmothers, or other interested folks.
Hello! Please feel free to comment as I would love to get acquainted with you.

I've decided to skip the advertising and keep the blog strictly for fun and sometime inspiration.
My heart's cry is to live this life God has provided to me through His Son Jesus Christ, who IS my Life and  bring a bit of delight to the readers of Sideline. Knowing this in the process, He is my all.
Let's enjoy life! 

Now for more; reasons to blog;


Because when blogging you need photos so I take the pictures! And lots of them.
Sorting photos takes a lot of time, I toss 9 out of 10, but getting this happy shot of my mom  with her sister is pretty sweet.
Oh the smiles. The smiles. 


Maybe grabbing the camera hasn't always been my first instinct, but it's become more natural and for moments like this I'm glad. 
Our two older grandsons, ages 11 and 12, are down on a steep ravine on The Lovely Wooded Compound cutting back small trees and shrubs to help us out since our knees don't hold up down there anymore. They worked pretty hard.
We are so thankful to have muscular grandsons who are willing to dig in! They were using their great grandfather's two man hand saw.. 
Here we are, documenting the silliness.

To give credit where due. 
The mothers of my grandchildren.
Blessings! 

The triplets, girls, you have one terrific brother, look at that encompassing hug.                    Melting. My. Heart.
Just to remember that sometimes we push a kid off a table, using a mattress as trampoline.

And that reading  Red Hat Green Hat is the best...
"oops!"

Oh .. remember when we took the boat out and everything went haywire? 
You don't? I didn't tell you this story? 
Well it did, go haywire. 
We survived, amen.





Catching members of the family taking the softest pillows and ruling everything.                       She has no shame, Missy, she thinks she's a cat. (sorry cat lovers)







There are, of course, the sideline moments. 




Then there's this, a very loving and supportive Sideline Gpa. 
Thanks for stopping along the roadside (over and over) so I can take photos of things! 
















Thanks for turning around and going back for photos of a barns. My favorite so far! Love barns! 

 So thanks, honey! 


One more thing; that homemade laundry detergent, the batch I made in Oct. of 2011 for $20. 
Still using it! http://sidelinegrandma.blogspot.com/2011/10/im-making-soap-turn-back-your-clocks-to.html

Thanks again friends, 
Love from Sideline and thanks for such hanging out with us here.. 























No comments:

Post a Comment