Thursday, July 12, 2012

Today's big news.. Homemade Sugar Scrub

Homemade Sugar Scrub 
I found it, I mean I heard this, today and boy are my legs smooth.  And it's about time, away with you flaky summer skin!

This works and costs pennies to make. 
I'm excited, since I'm an exfoliating freak.

A wise and sweet friend mentioned this recipe today and it's as simple as pie.

In fact it would be perfect in pie; it's sugar, it's lemon juice and oil. 

This is so easy and did I say I have smooth legs? Yes, and arms, hands, neck and feet.

Here's the recipe;
To 1 1/2 cups of sugar add 3 tablespoons of  lemon, lime or orange juice.


Next add 1/2 cup of any kind of cooking oil.

Mix it together and you are ready to scrub and shave, 
rinse 
repeat.

However before scrubbing I went searching for a suitable jar in which to store the delicious concoction.  


 Look at that! It's so pretty.
 
After filling the jar there was enough scrub mixture left over to do a good thorough all over body scrub in my shower, of this I have no pictures..
well.. except for my heel; 

I used the scrub there too.

OK now for the instructions for your legs; 
Apply the scrub to your legs then shave.
Rinse.
 Apply the scrub a second time, (work it into the skin, it feels so good) and shave again.
This will remove dead skin, isn't that lovely? 
Rinse.
Apply body cream or hand lotion.
Love it!

I'm not photographing that heel again, promise. 
Thank you for this recipe wise and sweet friend!
Sideline G.. 


No comments:

Post a Comment