Thursday, May 3, 2012

Absolutely nothing wrong with a rainy day

A cottage rainy day;
~ sleeping
~ organizing my photos (453 more rainy days needed to finish)

~ baking something
~ making a real, honest-to-goodness meal (it was, Orange Chicken so good)
~ an excuse to rest
~ an excuse to clean cabinets 
~ indulging in an afternoon TV show
~ imagining I'm a real cook
~ annoyingly texting people 
~ letting ones arms drop and relax
~ being concerned about the dog who will not go outside until the storm stops
~ concern for the carpet and other spots in the house because the dog will not go outside until the storm stops
~ wondering if two days of this would drive a person to stroking the windows longing to go out
~ happy for the plants now receiving water plus nutrients from the Lord's supply
~ loving the sound of thunder
~ the possibility of a bowl of Turtle Sundae ice cream being consumed
~ disgust at the feeling of tummy rolls
~ new resolve to exercise till my rolls fall off
~ baking muffins
~ watching the clouds and light reflect on the lake



enjoying the results of a good outdoor washing


God you are marvelous,

creation really does reflect your glory.





Blessings to all.. from the
Sideline Grandma

3 comments:

  1. You really ought to enter your photo's in a contest somewhere--they are great!
    And, if you can enter by age categories you are SURE to be a winner!
    Let me know....I'll vote for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I just read about you on Grilled Grandmas, your family is amazing. I would like to invite you to link up with us for Say It Saturday, a link party for Grandparent bloggers. Check me out at Family Home and Life.com. My email is there.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sideline GrandmaThursday, May 10, 2012

      Hello Connie, Well.. I'll be checking out Say it Saturday. Thank you for the invite. And thanks for stopping at Sideline Grandma.. it will be nice to "meet" other bloggers. .. blessings to you.

      Delete