Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's muffin time.


I know, I know, we just had a food related post; Heritage Rolls. 
Maybe because it's January and comfort food sounds good.
Maybe I'm stuck inside and baking is, in fact, enjoyable.. good night sister, since when do I like to bake?  
Maybe I'm working on my extra winter poundage. 

Regardless here's another recipe, people seem to really like these, they're small, harmless, a little bit spicey and cinnamony. In fact I just received another request for this recipe... so I thought perhaps you would like it too.
And they're healthy! These muffins contain 2 fruit (oh, I want'a put an s on that word right now) and 2 vegetables, plus chocolate, if you so desire. And who wouldn't want to put chocolate in them?

Seems to me these muffins could be considered a whole meal, including dessert!

My attempt to make something healthy while keeping it tasty for Sideline Grandpa,, and..
He's a fan...
Pretty good, huh Sideline Gpa?

 
Here's the recipe for our fine Sideline readers.. Thank you very much for stopping by.


Recipe below.

Sideline Grandma's Muffins 

Combine and beat together until thick and creamy:
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
Add:
1/4 teas. ground ginger
1 tbsp. cinnamon
2 teas. baking soda
1 teas. baking powder
1 teas. salt
2 teas. vanilla
2 cup flour
 
After combining the above ingredients add: 
1 cup yams - cooked and mashed with a folk (I use canned yams or leftover sweet potatoes) 
2 large carrots - shredded (if using a box grater use the large grating side, not the zesting size) 
3/4 cup raisins
1 apple chopped or grated (can leave the apple peel right on and grate it) 
Optional; 1 cup chocolate chips 
 
Makes 18 small muffins. Bake @ 350 degrees for approx. 35 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment